Saturday, July 4, 2020

We Interrupt Your Scheduled Program...Or, A Broadway Quiz

Hi! I am back, but slightly differently than I had said. Instead of recommendations, I am bringing you a 20-question Broadway quiz for only the truest of theater fans. I will post the answers in an accompanying blog post soon, but please feel free to email me the ones you know at cbroadwayblog@gmail.com. That’s the reason why I’m doing the quiz!


Here is the challenge: A Lyrics Quiz. I will name the lyric, and when you write to me you can get 1 point for the song or the show, 2 points for both. I can’t stop you from cheating, only discourage you.


1. “Well, we got blame for garbage and for potholes, too. How come nobody put the blame on you?” 


2. “Running away-go to it. Where did you have in mind?”


3. “After snitching Eve and Adam, I attended 'Call Me Madam'"


4. “Open up, open up, give her gas, pull to the side, pull to the side, let her pass”


5. “He never took no liberties, he knew where his place was”


6. “In the theater, modesty can hurt you”


7. “The coveted Oscar is Hammerstein!”


8. “You’re not an ornithologist until you get the bird”


9. “It’s ever so lonely-I’m holding only air”


10. “Don’t smirk at me, you egotist. Pay heed to what I say!”


11. “In Virginia, we plant seeds in the ground. We create.”


12. “I often ask myself why should it be, that they come so far across the sea? I suppose it’s because they agree with me.”


13. “One day, I change my horse for a motor.”


14. “You know what you’ve got. You’ve got something hot.”


15. “Like temperatures climbing. I can’t contain my joy.”


16.  “When the curtain fell, then all Hell broke”


17.  “Save your breath until we get together later. You’ll get your chance to be a great big operator. "


18. “He said my bronchial tubes were entrancing. My epiglottis filled him with glee.”


19. “With the wall up against my back, with the water rising to my chin.”


20.  “The truth isn’t what you want to see.”




Good Luck! The answers will be posted next week. Before then, please email me at cbroadwayblog@gmail.com


Note: Thanks to Peter Filichia's columns for the idea and format!


UPDATE: 


As of 7/5, the top scorer is Ken Kantor with 35 points. Let's see if anyone can beat that!

No comments:

Post a Comment