Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Quiz Solutions

Hi everyone!
It's been a while since I posted the quiz, so I feel it's time to finally tell you the answers. Thank you to Remy Kirsch, Edith Holzer, Adam Kirsch, Diana and Francesca Bertolini, Alex Barylski, Ken Kantor, Peter Filichia, Josh Ellis, and Bryan Brooks for sending me their answers. The high scorer was Ken Kantor with 35 out of a possible 40 points. Many of these were stumpers! Look for another quiz in the next week.


1. “Well, we got blame for garbage and for potholes, too. How come nobody put the blame on you?” 


Mayor-“Hootspa”


2. “Running away-go to it. Where did you have in mind?”


“No More”-Into the Woods


3. “After snitching Eve and Adam, I attended 'Call Me Madam'"


“They Couldn’t Compare to You”-Out of This World


4. “Open up, open up, give her gas, pull to the side, pull to the side, let her pass”


“There’s Nothing Like a Model T”-High Button Shoes


5. “He never took no liberties, he knew where his place was”


“He Had Refinement”-A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


6. “In the theater, modesty can hurt you”


“If You Got it, Flaunt it”-The Producers


7. “The coveted Oscar is Hammerstein!”


“Turn Me Loose on Broadway”-Two’s Company


8. “You’re not an ornithologist until you get the bird”


“Where is the Tribe for Me”-Bajour


9. “It’s ever so lonely-I’m holding only air”


“Here in My Arms”-Dearest Enemy


10. “Don’t smirk at me, you egotist. Pay heed to what I say!”


“Piddle, Twiddle, and Resolve”-1776


11. “In Virginia, we plant seeds in the ground. We create.”


“Cabinet Battle #1”-Hamilton


12. “I often ask myself why should it be, that they come so far across the sea? I suppose it’s because they agree with me.”


“I Happen to Like New York”-The New Yorkers


13. “One day, I change my horse for a motor.”


“Time Marches On”-Holiday Inn


14. “You know what you’ve got. You’ve got something hot.”


“Be a Performer”- Little Me


15. “Like temperatures climbing. I can’t contain my joy.”


“I Can Hear the Bells”-Hairspray


16.  “When the curtain fell, then all Hell broke”


“Waiting for the Girls Upstairs”-Follies


17.  “Save your breath until we get together later. You’ll get your chance to be a great big operator. "


“Skip the Build Up”-Ankles Aweigh


18. “He said my bronchial tubes were entrancing. My epiglottis filled him with glee.”


“The Physician”-The New Yorkers


19. “With the wall up against my back, with the water rising to my chin.”


“I Rise Again”-On the Twentieth Century


20.  “The truth isn’t what you want to see.”


“The Music of the Night”-Phantom


No comments:

Post a Comment